Thursday 9 October 2014

Research & Planning: Classification

Classification is a big factor in the film industry, but in the music industry it previously wasn't considered at all. Now and days with younger children getting a hold of the internet and sites like YouTube it is now being reassessed on how it is possible to stop young children viewing raunchy, inappropriate and violent content. This means, we will see videos from artists like Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry and Rihanna age classified. 
When researching I found this article which helped me gain some knowledge. Click here to see it.
I also looked on the bbfc to fully understand classification and wether there would be anything on music videos on there:
Click here to go to the website
Does it affect my music video?
It doesn't affect my music video because by bbfc standards for films it would be considered a PJ, as there is no violence, or sexual scenes or anything like so. My song of choice also doesn't contain any explicit language. Therefore with my planned narrative classification doesn't affect my video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment