Wednesday 3 September 2014

Research & Planning: My Brief Continued...

Brief One: A promotion package for the release of an album. To include a music promo video, together with two of the following three options;
  • A website for the brand;
  • A cover for its release as part of a digipak (CD/DVD Package);
  • A magazine advertisement for the digipak (CD/DVD Package).
OR

Brief Two: A promotion package for a new film, to include a teaser trailer, together with two of the following options:
  • A film magazine front cover, featuring the film;
  • A poster for the film;
  •  A website homepage for the film.
These are the two briefs that I like the most and when choosing my brief I think that it is a necessity for me to be interested by them and that is why out of the twelve these two are my favourite.
It is also necessary for me to choose a brief that require some skills I already possess and that is also why these two appeal to me as for both from AS I have gained a valuable set of skills, examples are editing, directing, filming etc.
Another factor is that I feel which ever one I pick of the two they will both give me enough of a challenge, but not be too challenging that I can't cope. Out of the two I think that brief one would give me more of a challenge as brief two is similar to my AS production but brief one is completely different in terms of genre etc.  
I feel motivated by both briefs but brief one I feel more appealed to as it would be completely new to me, because as I  previously commented, brief two is similar to my AS production. 
For both I feel I have strengths and weaknesses:
Strengths: knowledge of how to research into genre, audience etc, editing, filming etc
Weaknesses: cinematography, documenting evidence etc
My final choice is brief one as the challenge of creating a music video as well as two other ancillary products really appeals to me. I have yet to choose which ancillary product to do out of the three. 









1 comment:

  1. Sophie - i need you to please upload all of your blog posts - this is not acceptable to have no entries this term and only one since July - If you do not upload them as asked then I will have to contact parents to express my concerns

    PLEASE let me see the work

    ReplyDelete