Tuesday 9 September 2014

Research & Planning: Song Choice

Song choice is a big decision in the process of both research and planning the production of the music video, after previously choosing the artist/band I am going to go with (Bon Iver) I have now chose what album to go with as well as what song.
Finally, I came to the decision to go with the EP 'Blood Bank' as the song I want to create a music video to is 'Beach Baby' from the EP. Below is the audio of the song:
I chose this song because after loving it as a song, I easily found myself being able to create a narrative with it that I loved. I researched the meaning behind the song so when I create the narrative I could try and keep it as close to the meaning that Bon Iver intends, but if I drift from that I don't think that it wouldn't be a negative thing yet a positive as it could be considered a new fresh outlook on the song. 
The song in fact already has a music video, but this won't affect my production for the song, as I am going in a different direction. One of the only similarities will be the use of cinematography. 
Here is the video:
(ENTER MUSIC VIDEO)

No comments:

Post a Comment