Sunday 25 January 2015

Research & Planning: Digipak

After researching into digipaks I have got a good idea of what I would like the design of mine to be like. I am going to start by sketching some ideas up. I will then get feedback on these initial sketches and then focus on the favoured one. When I focus more on that one I will start looking into things like, font, colour scheme etc.
Sketches

Feedback

Idea One - Simplicity is nice, image being central is appealing to the eye, title/artist might work better on same line, fits the genre well, conventional, appealing, good that it fits existing albums, font matching is a good idea.
Idea Two- Front being the image might be a bit much for the genre/conventions, background out of place with how busy the front will be, need an appealing block colour, title/artist clearly seen which is good, simplicity nice but a little boring.
Final choice
Overall, after getting the feedback above from 10 different people and asking each of them which one they prefer the final outcome was idea one with 7 votes out of 10, idea two having 3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment