Friday 9 January 2015

Research & Planning: Sound, Lighting & Composition

Sound
For sound I have previously done a post to see it, click here

Lighting & Composition
In order to research into both lighting and composition in more detail I'm going to compare two similar music videos of the same genre - 

Bon Iver - Holocene 
As you can see the lighting in this video is very dystopian and dark. It fits the mood and theme of the song. This is the style I'm going for. To achieve this I will film at sunset and then in editing add a filter onto the image. 




Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
In this music video, although its the same genre - Indie Folk - the lighting is completely different. It is much lighter and also very similar to Bon Iver's Holocene that it fits the theme and mood of the song. 







Overall, for mine I have decided to go with more the lighting that Bon Iver has already previously adopted in old videos. It is suitable for the song I have chosen 'Beach Baby' and the narrative I have created. As I said previously I'm going to achieve this by filming at sunset and then in editing add a filter onto the footage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment