Wednesday 4 March 2015

Editing: Feedback Improvements

To see the post on feedback I received on my first focus group click here.
Improvements
Car key shot had a jolt and a little longI am going to trim it down to shorten it and also get rid of the jolt

To fix the two problems I firstly thought that as I had filmed various different shots, to try another and see if it worked best. It didn't therefore I have stuck to the original one. I have shortened it and trimmed it so now the jolt should be gone.

Focus a little too much on lake and a little staticthis is intended as part of convention but could try to add some more transitions to really signify lapsing of time (overlaps, fades etc)
Firstly, between the clip of her walking to the lake to her standing looking out at it I decided to add the transition 'Cross Dissolve' to make it more flowing and really show the time lapse.

After that I then started playing around adding different filters/changing the time they went on for in the lake scene, after trying out a lot of different combinations I decided that this would be the best one - 

I added the transitions 'Cross Blur' to when the clips start focusing on the necklace more. I chose to do this as it then made it to flow more freely like her mind does as she moves on. When it's slightly disjointed with the other lake shots it represents the range of emotions she's going through. 
 I feel this has now improved my video as it's not static and also adds depth to the lake scene making it not feel as long.
Nicely changes to the beat of song but first few shots maybe timed better I am going to attempt to time them better as I need to trim clips and add transitions
I've worked on trying to time it better and I personally think that it is now better, but I will question it in my next feedback group to get another opinion on it.

Unaware what it is at the start I am going to look into adding one 
I firstly started by trying out this title, I went for a simple one. This didn't work well with the video so I decided to try this one,



Although I prefer this one and it goes well with the text I have at the end it doesn't look quite right as I can't reposition it. I'm also concerned having it isn't conventional to Bon Iver and could distract the audience from the cinematography which the first few shots are.
Therefore, I have decided not to add a title. Also as when it is watched people will go looking for it otherwise by the title it'll have on YouTube and Vimeo where I will distribute it they'll be aware what it is and who it is.

Now that I have completed the improvements I got from my first feedback I will go ahead and get another set of feedback to see if there are any more improvements to be made before having the final cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment