Thursday 12 March 2015

Editing: Using Photoshop to Create Digipak

I started by importing the template into Photoshop
I then added the photo I wish to use, which I then cropped to the size I want. I then copied this over to the template
I firstly tried out the photo using it all across to give it a panoramic look (I later changed this after not liking the font on the photo)
I then started to look into the new choices of text I had to chose from. I saw that they had Zapfino which was my chosen one from when I first started editing on Plixr. I changed my mind on this one once it was on the digipak and looked for an alternative.
'Snell Roundhand' was my next option, but weren't quite happy with how it looked so went to look again.
The final one I really liked and went for was ' Savoye LET' as it was a hand written one which I wanted to go for as it suited the conventions etc.
Once I saw it with the image all the way across with the text I decided I didn't like it therefore went on too...
Make the picture smaller to fit just on the front of the digipak and also changed the font to black from white and after placing the text in various places I preferred where it is the most, I also got my peers opinion too
Next which I didn't screenshot I added the text on the back of the digipak (songs etc) in the same font as the front text, and it was also black. I placed it to be central. 
After that I added the Jagjaguwar logo onto the back to have on the bottom of the back.
Underneath the logo on the real digipaks is writing, which is typically in easily readable font that it simple. I went for 'PT Sans Narrow'
This is the finished look of the back after I also added the barcode onto it for authenticity

I then saved it as a JPEG in order to get some feedback on it and when I looked at it I saw that the back wasn't very central...
Therefore I went back onto Photoshop and moved it about to make sure its central and it is now much better.
I then printed it off to see a mock up of it/get feedback on it...



No comments:

Post a Comment