Wednesday 4 March 2015

Editing: Feedback - Music Video

I have recently done a focus group about my music video and what to improve on. I added the first cut to Vimeo to show them -

The questions I asked:
  1. Do you see an obvious jolts in the clips?
  2. Does the filter/lighting work well for the genre which is indie folk and for the overall theme of the video?
  3. Although the clips are conventionally meant to be drawn out are there any that are too long?
  4. Is there any other improvements/comments?
The feedback I got can be seen here -

The main comments I received were -
  • Car key shot had a jolt and a little long - I am going to trim it down to shorten it and also get rid of the jolt
  • The filter/lighting does work well
  • Focus a little too much on lake and a little static - this is intended as part of convention but could try to add some more transitions to really signify lapsing of time (overlaps, fades etc)
  • Car journey worked well/filmed nicely
  • Location/Cinematography good
  • Nicely changes to the beat of song but first few shots maybe timed better - I am going to attempt to time them better as I need to trim clips and add transitions
  • Unaware what it is at the start - I am going to look into adding one 
  • Story/context fitted well with song/video 

No comments:

Post a Comment